Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On My Mind.....

 January 4, 2012
          The past few days my mind seems to continually be thinking and praying about a couple of children I do not even know. The children are Noah I have seen on Facebook the “Pray For Noah” entries and Eli William’s health was announced at church.
 Not sure why my mind seems to drift back to these kids and their families other than I know the hurt the mommies are feeling.  Honestly, I do not even know the details of the boy’s problems .  I do know the desperation a parent feels when the doctors offer little or no hope.  When medicine does not have the answers (and even if it does) God and prayer is ALWAYS there.  And  I do know  sometimes when your heart hurts and you are overwhelmed you need others earnestly praying for you. To take over while you catch your breath.
Heavy on my mind is also Deb Ezell and her mother and family. (Her mom is on the conquering cancer journey. The cancer is very aggressive.)
Also just  found out  Noah Bowman had a lump removed from his neck yesterday and they are waiting on the biopsy results. This kind of waiting is  so heart wrenching and hard.
…... So today, I am a prayer warrior for my son and these boys and their families.  Please pray for Deb and family and Noah Bowman and his family too  . Please join me” flood the lines” to God for these families.

No comments:

Post a Comment