Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ironing???

   This morning while getting dressed and ready for church Phillip was helping us by finishing with Dake. So to help him  I ran upstairs to iron Phillip's shirt for him. I turned the iron on so it would heat up and did a few finishing touches.  We were hurry because we were running a little behind. (as usual). I quickly ironed Phillip's shirt grabbed it and ran downstairs as announcing we need to be in the car with the motor running. Phillip puts on his shirt and out the door we go. 
We get to church with minutes and down to seconds to spare.  We got Dake out of the back of the van and get him straightened and comfortable. (always have to allow time for straightening and time to get him comfortable...it is kinda a ritual now.) We finally make it in the building to find an end seat....up front, of course but we make it before the first note of the first song is sung! Yay! (miracle accomplished! WooHoo!)  We all get positioned in our seats and sigh as if we catch our breath.   
     As the first song began, I glanced to see if everyone was in their place and set. Then I noticed Phillip's shirt.  I got tickled to myself but at this point what could I do.  I had ironed his shirt like I iron Dake's shirt.  I am about to admit the short cuts I take in my everyday life here.  I only iron the front parts of Dake's shirts because of his chair no one ever sees anymore of the shirt .  So out of habit I had ironed Phillip's shirt the same way.  
Poor guy and he was helping me and I THOUGHT I was helping him...
................................................................He did forgave me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment