Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Class in Session

Dake and his grandmother, Galou, (my mom), started conversational Spanish on Tuesday. Today Galou came over so they could do their homework.....Dake is nervous he is not already speaking the language when he enters the class. Both of them seem to be having a good time....

Dake returns to his local Dr. tomorrow for his two month check up. Plans are set up for him to fly back to Baltimore for his three month check up.

Lyndsey bought 20 + plus chickens to prepare for the Wednesday night meal at church. I am sweating at the thought of her having to fix for 200 people. But she is totally fine. I would be sweating if I were fixing for 2 people, (those two people would be sweating too if they knew I was feeding them) .   So I guess you figured out she did not get her culinary influence from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment