Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.

I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....

The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whose Watching Who? or is it Whom???

     Today Dake rolled into the backyard and enjoyed the warm sun.  (aka napped in the sun)  Lyndsey was napping on the couch in the room next to the back door. I decided to spend some time painting and enjoy the time alone in the living room where my easel is temporarily set up. (living room is in the front of the house). Before putting the brush to my canvas I decided to get the mail. The heat hit me in the face as I ran across my yard to my mailbox. My dad was outside working in his yard. (Mom had taken a friend to lunch).I went ahead and got my mail and went over to talked to him about 3 yards away.  I was concerned about the heat and him doing yard work out in it. We talked brief ( a little politics)  and I headed back knowing my brushes were waiting on me. I hurried in, cranked up the music and drifted off to my artistic zone of bliss.  I was keeping an eye on my dad because the heat really concerned me.
      My dad is "Type A" personality. He never leaves a job unfinished.  As a kid, we would work on a project  and  no matter how tired or late it was would always finish.   Not only would we finish but we would clean all the tools we had used before putting them in their assigned places.  (This "type A' gene was not passed on to me unfortunately.)
      I was painting then I stopped and  looked out my window near my easel but did not see my dad.  I walked in another room to get a different view.  I was worried he had passed out from the heat. I was distracted by the interruption of  Dake rolling in .... He was in a panic asking me why I did not hear him. Clueless I said, "What are you talking about? (assuming Lyndsey must have let him in.)  Dake said, "I fell asleep and my arm slid off my armrest and I couldn't get it back up. (He could not get his arm up to the joystick.) I was screaming and yelling for you.  I was stuck and could not move!."
       I apologized calming him down  and glanced in the den where Lyndsey was.....she was sound asleep.  I asked him how he got inside?  He said, "Pops heard me from across the street and he came to help me!"  Then my focus jumped to my dad....Oh yeah! Dad!"
 Oh .... Oh.... Oh...THAT was  where he was!"
I ran from the back to the front to thank him.....(he was in the driveway)
Dake calmed down and Lyndsey said she never heard him.....she was about 3 yards away from him...zzzzzzzzzz......
All is well and everyone is fine......
My easel is still calling me......
 ........ perhaps another "quiet" time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment