Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Over Night Camp

We just got home from taking Gracey to her first over night gymnastic camp.  She is three and a half hours away.

She was so excited.

David and I just drove her up there and dumped her out and simply drove away. Well,  maybe not quite. We drove her up there and got her settled and hung around for 3 1/2 hours ...then David took me dragging and screaming.....Well, close but not exactly.....It was hard to leave her but she was happy and excited. So that is good. Right?  She is happy,.... now RUN, RUN fast....RUN and don't look back...."Remember Lot's Wife!"
 I was actually doing pretty well until today at church they announced that everyone would be moving to their new class. (they will move to the grade they would be in starting in the fall...she would move to the fifth grade classroom)  I asked her where her new class would be and she said "upstairs",  I said  "Upstairs! Only the old people (David and I go upstairs) and old kids go upstairs...." Then she said ,matter of fact like, "yeah!"   I might have made it but that just pushed me over the edge.
Nonetheless I did leave her at camp and did manage to drive away...

.Letting go is not my favorite part of mothering!  David said, "Maybe she could just stay a month?"  He acts tough but I know better...He got in a second kiss and hug before he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment