Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Thursday, June 16, 2011

New "Heart of Dake" Bracelets

       Last night Will, (our youth minister at church), ask us to speak to his teen class about out life. Dake was nervous and asked me several times that day, "What do they want me to say?  My life is not that interesting."  I replied with, 'I don't know but  Willl will ask questions to make the conversation start going."  His repetition starting making nervous....this of course ending on the way to church with a fussing match with nerves as the culprit. Dake knows how to push my buttons.  At this point, I told him to go do it by himself. But when we arrived we all went in to the teen class smiling.

  Isn't amazing how we can turn it off in a second when the setting changes. We use to tease my mother when she was fussing at us and the phone would ring and she would answer in the sweetest, "Hello?"

The class was full of teens, kids and a few adults which we appreciated especially the support.  Will started the class off and then asked us some questions. I talked about the details  and as the conversation flowed Dake slowly began to emerge. They were able to see Dake and his personality a little bit.  The guys in my family tend not like to public speak so I talked the most....Gracey was quiet but she was not born during this time..Lyndsey would have shared if she were there. She remember details like me. Maybe it is a girl vs. boy thing I don't know.

Anyway the class was very nice and asked a few questions. Everyone listened as we told them the boring details of our lives. We appreciated the time to share.  After class, Tanya Griffin had purchased "heart of Dake" bracelets and we handed out to everyone to wear....Thanks Tanya for your purchase and wonderful friendship. Thanks Will for the opportunity.

If you would like a bracelet let us know and we will get you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment