Total Pageviews

Welcome to Dake's Blog

This blog is designed to give you updates on Dake as he enters his journey to Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger Institue Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a clinical trial in research focusing on the heart of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patients. This is not a treatment, it is research. Dake chose to participate in hopes for himself and for those who unfortunately follow behind him.



I will also share a little into our lives. Dake wants his story told....



The good, the bad and the ugly......

For more information on the research at Johns Hopkins on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy scroll to bottom of the blog.



Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Night in Atlanta

  I chatted online with Dake last night.  We have never communicated this way (with each other)....it was kinda fun.  

After the workshop this afternoon I called home and got the answering machine.  I heard Gracey's voice on the machine from when she was six.......awwwwww......it was so sweet....I hadn't heard it in forever.
   David called back soon.  He said they were giving Dake a bath. I asked if he had a date?  He said no, but he and Perry were going to the movies.  David said he was taking Gracey to the movies too but they were see a different one from Perry and Dake.  Gracey said they were seeing Mr. Popper's Penguins in the background.  She was very excited to have a date with her Daddy. 

    I had an amazing workshop day and have loved the whole experience. (I am definitely the little fish in the big pond. But I am so enjoying every minute.)  Tonight I texted an old friend I hadn't seen since my wedding.....29 years ago.  We meet at Maggianos for a great meal and wonderful visit.  Our dads owned and worked at a pharmacy together all of our lives... our parents still staying touch and keep us updated on each other.  We caught up, ate and chatted for 2 hours.  It was so great to see her and have a little time together.  A very nice touch to end this amazing day.

I will have one more day to the workshop and then in the afternoon I will head home. Loved my time but ready to see that crazy family of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment